| English | |
| Publish! |
Post your video, audio, pictures and texts directly from your browser.
| News |
Immediate covering of the events from the new movements.
| Editorial Policy |
Learn about this IMC's editorial policy
| Be a volunteer |
Join this project of media democratization
| Contact |
Send a message to us.
| Help |
How to publish your news in all different formats
| About IMC |
Learn about the principles of the Independent Media Center
| IMC chat |
Get on our chat channel. Learn how.
| Support Indymedia |
See other IMC projects and support independent media
| Hidden Stories |
Stories published twice, stories without content and stories violating the Editorial Policy.
| Search |
| Other IMCs |
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] || || |
Epidemics of Social Darwinism in America
The racist prescription for perfecting the human race, which is presently having a major revival, is the doctrine of "survival of the fittest" guided by the ethic of "Social Darwinism"! In this story the author points to epidemics of this racist idea now at work in America and what can be done to overcome the problem.
Epidemics of "Social Darwinism" in America CyberspaceCapital
Friday, 8 February 2002; 12:00 PM EST
Epidemics of "Social Darwinism" in America
The racist prescription for perfecting the human race, which is presently having a major revival, is the doctrine of "survival of the fittest" guided by the ethic of "Social Darwinism"! That is the theory that helped produce the Holocaust in which 6 million Jews, as well as other minorities and political dissidents were murdered by the Nazis. The Nazi era danger of police failure to protect citizen rights, far from over-stating the situation at hand, is the very reason given by FBI Director Louis J. Freeh, for a new agent training program that was released to the press Friday, June 30, 2000.
Police protection aside, "Social Darwinism" and the rule of capitalist power guided by a philosophy of greed, are also public policy problems in other specific areas of American society and culture. These patterns, some of which involve direct police participation or guidance, are the following:
- The expected biological diversity crash, involving "mass extinction" of plants and animals that is now underway, posing a major threat to humans in the 21st-century ;
- An epidemic of youth violence in America, which is officially blamed on "family problems" but is likely caused in significant part according massive research studies conducted over the last five decades, by the heavy repeated examples of violence in entertainment, along with violence in television broadcasting, which as one expert has explained, train children how to kill their classmates, teachers, and anyone else who gets in the way ;
- An epidemic of death by medical errors in America, the leading cause of which is undue delay of necessary treatment ;
- An epidemic of death by suicide in America, the causes of which remain uninvestigated (hidden under the cover of silence), although experts say the likely causes are social pressures, also known as assassination by suicide ;
- Big business and the elite educational institutions that help to design their strategies are engaged in the guided evolution of e-culture by an ethic of centralized control and greed. This could habituate the public to an irrecoverable, debilitating pattern using the sophisticated techniques of game theory and equilibrium selection made famous by the man with "A Beautiful Mind," John F. Nash, Jr., who won the 1994 Nobel Prize in Economics after recovering from a 30-year fall into chronic schizophrenia.
- The core ideals-in-use of the American Judiciary and legal systems are (and have always been with rare exception) governed by the doctrine of Thrasymachus - the will of the stronger, which is another variation of Social Darwinism - the survival of the fittest.
CyberspaceCapital has posted two essays that help to clarify these dangers and alternative strategies that can overcome them:
- Corrupted by Fear, written by Aung San Suu Kyi, the 1991 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, explains how fear of the structures of tyranny is itself the primary problem giving rise to corrupt political power.
- Assassination by Suicide: I. The betrayal of capitalism, written by Vigdor Schreibman, is a personal odyssey that shatters the present promises of the Information Age and the myths of American democracy while also opening spectacular new opportunities for genuine progress.
Federal Information News Syndicate, Vigdor Schreibman, Editor & Publisher,
18 - 9th Street NE #206, On Capitol Hill, Washington, DC 20002-6042. Copyright 2002 FINS.
Integrated Phone/Fax/Voice Mail: (202) 547-8715; Email: Vigdor@cyberspacecapital.org
Browse Fins Global Information Age Library at URL: http://sunsite.utk.edu/FINS/
Browse CyberspaceCapital at URL: http://cyberspacecapital.org
Republication authorized for nonprofit use only, provided message is kept intact.
>>Add a comment